Friday, 11 January 2013

FOTD: a smokey blue

I should really do face of the day posts more often seeing as all I do is play with makeup! Today I was messing around with my Illamasqua goodies as shown in my last post and thought I'd get a little blue smokey eye going on. This is a nice alternative to a traditional smokey eye if you want to try something a little special.

Just a little note - I still haven't quite mastered the art of taking self portraits and I don't know why I chose to use this foundation knowing full well it's too light for me, I look like a ghost!


Products used:
Face: Illamasqua cream foundation in CF115 // Kryolan Dermacolour Camouflage concealer palette // Estee Lauder bronzer in Cinnamon // GOSH blush in Flower Power // Topshop highlighter in Sunbeam // Illamasqua eyebrow cake // Mac lipstic in Forecast Nude
Eyes: Illamasqua liquid metal eyeshadow in Resolute // Annabelle eyeshadows in blue, white and beige // Mac eyeshadow in Carbon // Mac pigment in Platinum // Illamasqua mascara in Lewd // Mac fluidline eyeliner in Blacktrack

After doing this makeup I decided that blue doesn't really suit me, maybe because I have blue eyes? I don't know. I'm going to keep trying out different looks in my FOTD posts, which will hopefully become more regular now. So if you have any suggestions/requests please do leave them in the comments.

I kept the rest of my face very natural including the lips, I never like to have both a strong eye and a strong lip unless doing a really avant garde makeup. Also, although I chose to do really strong eye makeup in this look I still wanted it to be wearable which I think it is, maybe only on a glitzy night out though!

I'd been thinking about doing some makeup videos on YouTube but focusing on more creative makeups like Halloween looks. Would any of you be interested in that? I'll have a go at filming one next week and see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, i could never pull off blue shadow but it looks amazing.

    Zoe | zozeze.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it looks fab on you! i'd love to see some youtube tutorials too :) xx

    ReplyDelete