Thursday, 21 February 2013

My top ten nail varnishes

I'm one of those weird beauty lovers that doesn't enjoy painting her nails, in fact I find it quite a laborious chore which often leads to me wearing the same shade for weeks on end rather than pick out a different one.

Top ten nail varnishes displayed on nails
For someone who dislikes painting their nails I still own quite a lot of different varnishes, I often wonder how I've amassed so many. Here are my top ten shades which are generally the shades I rotate between about 80% of the year.

Favourite nail polishes displayed in bottles
Sally Hansen - Haute Chocolate // Covergirl - Midnight magic // Fearne - Grey // Models Own - Nude Beige // Nails Inc. - Jermyn Street // Rimmel - Tangy Tangerine // H&M - Check Me Out // 
H&M - Bella's Choice // Hard Candy - Sky // Essie - Going Incognito

As a makeup artist and jewellery designer I am always working with my hands, my nails get chipped easily and I use chemicals that ruins the polish so my priority when buying a nail varnish is colour over quality. This means I can get away with buying with the cheaper brands, I'm also a big fan of quick drying polishes, as I mentioned before I can get quite impatient waiting for my nails to dry.

I think this is a good range of shades for my top ten, there's a colour for most occasions. Do you own any of these nail varnishes? Would you put any of them in your top ten?

6 comments:

  1. The Collection of these Nail Polishes which you have are fantastic in terms of color. The colors make a good contrast or match with any party dress without hitting the eyes. After all, be it a Fashion or Jewellery Designer, the Make-up kit needs to be perfect. Thanks a lot for sharing this blog article with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rimmel Tangy Tangerine is a lovely shade I'll have to keep an eye out for that.. Great collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have all different colors, so cute!

    Xx
    /Stephanie / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use Barry M for the colour range, the fast-dryingness and the value for money.
    Caitlin x
    http://www.caitlinandherdress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love H&M polish and Rimmel have such a great range. I love Barry M too, I don't understand people who pay £14 quid for one, they all end up chipping at some point so I think what's the point. Love your picks I'll look out for that Rimmel shade, as I don't have any orange shades .......saying that I have an insane amount of polish at the mo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this collection! I'm training as a beautician so I can never wear nail varnish either but when I do it's usually Rimmel or Barry M.

    www.megabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete