Thursday, 7 February 2013

The Candlewick sisters of Candlewick Lane

I'm so excited to share these photos with you today, they are from my latest shoot with the amazingly talented photographer Kitty Gallannaugh, who I have mentioned on the blog a few times before.

The theme for this shoot was witches and the occult, we had a fun day on and around Hampstead Heath with our lovely model Lyvia, darting in and out of the trees to find the perfect locations and using smoke bombs and fitting props such as candles and a crystal ball.





As you can see from the makeup I went quite gothic, creating a very heavy brow and unusal, graphic eyeliner both on the top lid and under the eye. The skin was kept incredibly pale and the lips dark, which I think was pretty effective for this theme. You have to remember you lose a lot of makeup when shooting black and white so I kept this simple but strong.

The title of this blog was a line from Kitty's own blog post on this shoot where you can see even more images.

3 comments:

  1. this is bloody amazing!! love these photos so much. i really like how you've done the eyebrows curving into the nose, very gothic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! I love a good photo shoot and this seems like it was a lot of fun to shoot :) the make up is brilliant as well, and I adore the gothic effect of the photos!

    Chloe x
    chloechiddle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photographs on this blogpost. I found myself just staring at them for a good couple of minutes! :)
    www.ellexbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete