Thursday, 28 March 2013

FOTD: Smooch Cosmetics

I thought I'd combine my next review and FOTD as I always prefer to show products in use on the face. I was sent the five products pictured below to try from Smooch Cosmetics*, firstly I really like their packaging, both the hard packaging and the boxes the products come in. Such a chic, girly design with the lace print and that particular font.


The hard packaging is slightly rubbery with a velvety texture which reminds me of the Nars packaging, this does mean they can be a little hard to keep looking clean but that doesn't bother me too much. I also appreciate the big mirrors inside the compact products, this is really handy for using the makeup on the go.



I recieved two eyeshadow duos, a blush/highlighter duo and two pink lipsticks. I found that none of the products were overly pigmented but they are buildable and do achieve the desired coverage if you're willing to work with them. I also find the eye shadow shades blend nicely and the lipsticks give an almost tinted balm coverage.


This is the look I created with the products above, the only one I didn't use was the brighter of the pink lipsticks which I thought would be a bit much with these almost statement eyes.

I used all four eye shadows blending them together like I would when doing a smokey eye, these shades produced a lovely, soft result and having quite a bit of shimmer to them they would work well for evening makeup.

The blush and highlighter duo also complimented each other perfectly and were equally as blendable as the eye shadows. The blusher was the one product that was actually really pigmented so I found it best to apply lightly with a buffing brush and build upon. The highlighter is a gorgeous colour, I've been wanting a new alternative to the Topshop one I usually use which is much more yellow toned.

Like I mentioned before, the lipstick had quite a sheer, balm-like quality to it, which I actually really appreciated, I don't always want a thick, heavy lipstick. However if I did I would just create a base with a lip pencil first.

I really enjoyed using these products and can see myself getting plenty of use out of them on photoshoots, especially the blusher and highlighter! I thought it would be fun to end this post by sharing a few of my favourite products from browsing the Smooch website.

My Smooch wishlist: Glowing // Seattle //  Merlot // Perfect Parfait // Gothic Moment


(Whilst adding links to the products I noticed Smooch are currently offering 25% off all orders over £15 so it's definately worth popping over now and seeing if anything takes your fancy!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love the look of everything! Those eyeshadow duo's look just like the NARS ones! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete