Thursday, 14 March 2013

Review: Magnifibres

I'm sure a lot of you will have heard of Magnifibres* by now, the ingenious brush on false lashes. The fibres in question are 100% natural and are applied with the provided mascara wand, the product claims to add up to 5mm of length to your lashes.

To apply the fibres you are essentially sandwiching them between two layers of your everyday mascara, so you don't need to buy any other special products. Also, because they are binding to your own lashes, they should look a lot more natural than regular, glue-on false lashes.

[before]

As you can see, my lashes are currently quite pathetic. I didn't hold out too much hope that the Magnifibres would have much of an effect, I've used plenty of lengthening mascaras over the years and none of them really fulfill their lash transforming promises.  


[after]

However I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I know these aren't the best photos, but you can see that my lashes do look slightly longer, however what I noticed most was that the Magnifibres really provided some much needed volume. 

I did find the application a little tricky the first time, the instructions tell you to look down whilst applying the fibres which I found a little awkward, and I managed to get a fair bit of it in my eyes. I have a feeling I might not have gotten as much as I should have on my lashes for these photos as I've since tried it again and it seemed slightly more effective. On the other hand this could be down to my inability to photograph my eyes successfully.

Overall I'm really excited by this product, I'm not one for wearing glue on lashes unless I have something extra special to go to, so this is a fantastic alternative which I'll probably end up using on a regular basis now I'm getting to grips with it.

At £20 I'm not sure this is something I would have bought outright, purely due to my prior experience with lengthening mascaras. As I mentioned earlier, I was fairly dubious before giving this a go. However now I've had the opportunity to try Magnifibres it will definately become a staple in my makeup kit and I'm looking forward to trying it out on some of my models.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I really want to try it!!!!

    Your lashes look lovely.

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds quite good, I've got pathetic lashes too! £20 is quite pricey though. x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete