Thursday, 18 July 2013

Current favourite skincare

It feels like forever since I've done a regular blog post, I've tried to keep up my MUA Monday, Trinket Tuesday and Sunday Summary posts but it's been really hard to find time to blog much else. Having said that, I found a spare couple of hours this weekend whilst taking a break from work to talk about my current favourite skincare.



1. Nivea Sun moisturising sun spray - Sun protection is one of my key forms of skincare this time of the year. I don't tan, it just doesn't happen and I'm used to that, but I burn super easily so I have to carry sun lotion around with me all the time. This is the one I've been using the last few years (this product, not this exact bottle) and it has served me well. I've found that I don't pay much attention to the factor anymore because if I'm in the sun I apply every half hour or less, paranoid I'll burn. I'm happy to say I now can't actually remember the last time I got sunburn.

2. Henri Lloyd sun protection - This is another suncream and it is actually a men's one. I can't remember how I first came across this, but this is the one I use mixed in with my moisturiser every day. I like this because it is less sticky than regular suncreams and doesn't have that typical holiday smell. It has a male scent that I quite like and when combined with my makeup, disappears.

3. Fair Naturally body moisturiser - I mentioned this in a previous post because I think I got it in a beauty box, I've used this ever since. It smells delicious and makes a great body moisturiser. I wouldn't say there is anything particularly special about it over others but I really enjoy it. I'm not particularly picky when it comes to body moisturisers anyway.

4. Anovia body scrub - I always like to have an exfoliator on the go and this is a great one. It isn't too abrasive and has been lasting me a long time.

5. Proactiv solution cleanser, toner and repairing treatments - I am in love with this Proactiv set which I won in a blog giveaway months ago now. I tend to use these most days and still have plenty left. It's one of those products that feels like it's working and my skin is definately a lot clearer since I began using these.

6. Sudocrem antiseptic healing cream - Good old Sudocrem, this has been a skincare staple for me for about the last 6 years. I dot this on any spots I've already scratched (I can't resist) and it helps heal them quickly.

7. La Roche Posay targeted breakout corrector - Another great spot treatment I began using recently after finally giving in to all the hype. I'm pleased I did because I find it really effective and you only need to use a tiny bit when you breakout.

8. Claudia Stevens overnight lip repair - I have a lot of different lip treatments but this is the first overnight repair one I have tried and I really like it. I like to use lip treatments all year round to prevent dryness and cracking come winter. This isn't too sticky and leaves your lips nice and soft if you use it regularly.

9. La Roche Posay effaclar duo - The other new LRP purchase I had to try, this I am totally in love with and have already used most of it up. Despite the fact that I still break out quite often, my overall skintone is a lot better and this just keeps it nice and even. I've been using this every day and my skin is remarkably softer.

10. Soap and Glory, The Fab Pore hot cloth cleanser - This was my first ever Soap & Glory buy - I KNOW! I'm glad I went for this because it feels like a lovely way to treat your skin, and I really enjoy hot cloth cleansers and heat products in general.

11. Clean and Clear advantage spot treatment - Lastly one more blemish treatment, this one is quite intense and the one I use when I first feel a spot coming through. Most of the time it will zap it and stop it getting worse.


So that is what I am using right now, I'm always looking for new products to try in keeping my skin nice and healthy so if you have any other favourites do share them in the comments so I can check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Hi friends! Klinik Esthetika is the best clinic of acne scar removal in Delhi, this clinic is use the latest technology and experienced doctor for remove this scar. This clinic is best for Acne Scar Removal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you added sudocrem!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t tried Proactiv yet, but I have heard so many good things about it from bloggers and magazines. Great review, I might have to get it now! :)
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete