Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Review: Rimmel pinks

It's been a while since I've bought any new "drugstore" makeup, but on Monday I was having a bit of a blah day so decided to wander down to my local Boots and have have a browse. I didn't go in there with an aim to buy makeup but these two products from Rimmel caught my eye.


I've only tried one Kate Moss matte lipsticks before, a gorgeous red, but I really like the creamy texture and soft, velvety appearance so I was having a look through the other shades on offer. As soon as I saw this vibrant pinky-coral I knew I had to have it, this is the one problem with being a makeup artist - I can get ridiculously excited over products I know I will never use on myself just because I don't have anything quite like them in my kit.

This liquid blusher is one of two shades, I've never seen these before, are they new?? If not I clearly don't pay enough attention to Rimmel. I ummed and ahhed over which shade to get but in the end settled for this pale pink as it is a colour I can most likely use on myself as well.

So I really like both of these products, I'm not sure the lipstick is really a colour I would wear, it is probably a bit strong for me but I might use it as a balm instead, which would work better. It applies really nicely because of it's creamy consistency and has great colour payoff. With some lipsticks I find myself having to apply a couple of layers but this wasn't the case here. The blush is however something I am going to enjoy using a lot, I've applied it really subtly because a lot of blush does not suit me but what's good about this is that it is buildable like cream products so I can use it a lot heavier on other people.

Obviously I can only really give my first impressions on these products as I've only tried them the once but I'm very excited about these two items and will be paying closer attention to what Rimmel has to offer in the future. Also, I'll be sure to come back and let you know if my opinions change through continued use.

No comments:

Post a Comment