Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Review: Real Techniques - Sam's Picks

A favourite brand amongst bloggers, Real Techniques has been one I've also loved since they first hit the market. I remember getting my first set of RT brushes and instantly falling in love, I'd never found synthetic brushes to be so soft and apply product so flawlessly. Their face brushes are my absolute obsession and I use the Expert Face, Stippling and Buffing brushes every single day be it on myself or in my kit.

I've slowly been building my RT collection but still haven't managed to get all of them so I was very excited when Cocktail Cosmetics sent me the Sam's Picks set which contained 3 brushes I didn't yet own as well as duplicates of two of my most used ones.

The set includes:
Multi-task brush - a big, fluffy and as you'd expect, incredibly soft powder brush.
Buffing-brush - which is perfect for mineral foundations but also liquid and creams. I actually tend to use my buffing brushes for cream blushers most often.
Essential crease brush - a great little tapered, fluffy brush and a set exclusive.
Setting brush - for finishing touches such as powder or highlighter when needing more precision.
Pointed foundation brush - does what it says on the tin but I always use mine for concealer only.
Fine liner brush -  again, pretty self explanatory.


It's hard not to post just a rave review when it comes to this brand and this set certainly did not disappoint. It was nice to try out some of their brushes that were new to me, I've found my actors (especially the males) are a big fan of the multi-task brush because it's just SO soft. I have been using the setting brush non-stop, it's the perfect size for setting under the eyes with powder and when minor touch-ups are needed without wanting to re-set the whole face.

The set exclusive brush is definitely a good one and something that I'm sure will come in handy for a lot of people over the festive period, big glamourous eyes a-go-go! I am also always more than happy to get duplicates of brushes I love, because it means I can have them not only in my personal makeup bag but in my kit to use at work.

The only brush I don't really rate from this set is the fine liner brush, I already have one and have never got on with it as a liner brush because it's just a tad too bulky for me. I have however taken to using it for other purposes such as touching up lipstick - and that's something I find I do a lot, there's no real rules for which brushes you use as long as you're getting the best out of them for the makeup required.

Another amazing selection from Sam Chapman, I can't wait to finish my collection! This set is only £29.95 from Cocktail Cosmetics which is a really good price for 6 high quality brushes so do make sure you check the link at the beginning of the post if you want to add them to your Christmas list.


I'm sure a lot of you guys have this set by now and have had time to try it out, so let me know what you thought and which brushes are your favourite? I could natter on about makeup forever.


*

4 comments:

  1. Lovely set, ilove these brushes. I need the multi-task blush next. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I've not tried any of these brushes yet but I really need too, this set looks perfect. Thanks for sending it over!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick some up, sure you'll love them!

      Delete