Monday, 13 January 2014

Nanshy makeup brushes: part 1

Beauty related products are my favourite things to review on the blog, as you guys know I am a freelance makeup artist and hairstylist, so these kind of reviews are particularly fun because I feel like I actually know what I'm talking about and it also means I also get a lot of use out of the samples I am sent...if I like them of course!

Nanshy kindly sent me two of their makeup brush sets to try, I was very excited about this because of my obsession with brushes (I have waaaaay too many in my kit) but also because Nanshy's brushes are synthetic and cruelty free. After having such a love affair with Real Techniques' synthetic brushes I was eager to try Nanshy's which I hadn't heard a great deal about.


The brush sets I was sent were the Eye Brush Set* and the Face Brush Setwith 7 and 5 brushes respectively, which was crazy generous of them and very exciting for me to open. I really like the packaging, which being black and white and a nice simple design feels sophisticated and reflects the professional nature of these brushes as mentioned on the box. The brushes themselves also look very sleek with pearlescent handles which all have the brand and brush name printed on.



I'm going to talk about how the brushes perform in more detail for part 2 of this review but on first impressions I can't speak highly enough of them. I have only been using them for a week but set myself the challenge to do my makeup every day using ONLY Nanshy brushes and I did not have any issues in doing so, in fact it was a pleasure.

All of the brushes are really soft but the face brushes also have the right amount of firmness to really buff the product into the skin and give a nice, soft finish. My initial favourites are the Round Buffer Brush and the Tapered Crease Brush which were types of brushes I have always favoured in the past and I'm very happy to add more of to my kit. I was also pleasantly surprised to see a bent eyeliner brush as this is something I use a lot of at work and don't find nearly enough brands stocking. 

Price wise Nanshy's brushes are all very reasonable. They tend to be around £6 for eye brushes and £10 for the face brushes which is very decent for the quality they seem to be, this also means that the sets I was sent which are about £30 and £35 are very affordable and give you a good saving.

As well as these brush sets, Nanshy do have other brushes and products for sale. I am majorly obsessed with their Acrylic Makeup Organiser for a start! All their products are available to buy from Beauty Store 4 U (which is the links and prices I have used for this post) but also from a few other places online as well. 

I hope you've enjoyed this introduction to the brand and the brush sets I was sent, I can't wait to bring you the second part of this review and share some makeup looks created with them as well as a few tips and a more in depth look at the brushes themselves.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog! These brushes look great - definitely going to have to give them a try. How was the angled eyeliner brush? Don't know if I could get used to using that but looks a bit easier! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already saw Nanshy brushes on a couple of blogs and want to try them - especially because they are cruelty-free! Great review!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :D definitely give them a go if you get a chance xx

      Delete
  3. they are absolutely beautiful! <3
    www.shemightbeloved.com x

    ReplyDelete