Sunday, 5 January 2014

NYE Nails

I didn't really dress up this New Years Eve, myself and a few friends spent it at a local pub for an 80s disco so it wasn't the most classy affair. As I lacked any glitz or sparkle in my choice of outfit, at the last minute I decided to do something a bit more special with my nails.



I combined the three sparkly nail polishes above, with a base coat of the black polish, then the rose gold Butter London over the top half of the nails and finally the large, pink glitter to dot over this. I really wanted to have them all black and gold with varying sizes of glitter and build up a nice texture but of course I had to work with what I had and this is how it turned out.

They're very hard to photograph and it really doesn't do them justice, I redid my nails the same way before going out last night and I spent most of the evening distracted by them every time I caught a glimpse.

Due to my job I very rarely paint my nails anything other than one solid colour at a time as they instantly get ruined so it was really nice to do something a little more creative to them!

6 comments:

  1. Nails look great :) Is the Topshop polish any good? Always a bit dubious with their products
    Alex x
    Fangirls&Foundations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really like Topshop makeup and nail polishes, I've not tried a ton of it but everything I have has been really good.

      Delete
  2. Lovely nails! And I'm loving the fingertip rings too! Are they your own creations? -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou m'dear :) They're not, they're from Kukee!

      Delete