Thursday, 30 January 2014

Outfitted: Floral smock

Totally not a weather appropriate outfit here, I would usually wear this with tights and a cardigan but did I think to put them on for the photos? No of course I didn't!

Dress - American Apparel
Shoes - Office
Necklace - Raffles Bizarre
Watch - ASOS

I bought this smock dress at the end of July to wear to a wedding reception. I was a bridesmaid and wearing a fancy, 50s dress all day so wanted something cute but a lot more casual for dancing the night away later on.

I'd spent the day in Westfield trying every single shop and slowly losing the will to live. I would never normally check American Apparel because until recently I thought it was all spandex but I'd just seen someone blog about a gorgeous cardigan from there so wandered in on the off chance. Good job I did or I'd have been screwed.

I really like smocks for similar reasons as I gave for loving swing dresses in my last outfit post and I thought the print was really sweet whilst not being too girly due to the black base colour. If it wasn't for the hefty price tag of £48 (I was desperate alright!) I would have bought one in every print, I was particularly fond of the leopard print one but it didn't seem as appropriate for a wedding. My only gripe is that it's reaaaally short so I have to wear little shorts or a black bodycon underneath to avoid embarrassing myself.


This is one of the necklaces I featured in my jewellery post the other day, I love the combination of blues when wearing these together.


Today I chose to pair the dress with this booties I got many moons ago from Office. I love that they're so scuffed and the slouchy, perforated leather is what drew my attention in the first place. They're also very comfortable because of that chunky, cuban heel. I figured these went nicely as they're in keeping with the casual vibe but add a little bit of height.

I'm now going to trawl ebay and see if anyone's selling these smocks off cheap! I need me a leopard print one.

5 comments:

  1. Everything about this outfit is wonderful! Especially loving the dress - and your hair! Great colour and length too! -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful dress! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress, you look absolutely gorgeous

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely outfit, love the dress and your necklace <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit post, Jess! You look loooovely in the floral smock! x

    ReplyDelete