Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Outfitted: grunge prints

Two outfit posts in as many weeks!? I know, I'm spoiling you! Work is always slow in January so I've had plenty of time to think about my blog and get some fun posts under my belt.

This is pretty much the outfit I work on New Years Eve minus some tights and a black cardigan. As I alluded to in my NYE Nails post I went for quite a casual outfit as we spent it in a local pub.


Despite my complete nonchelance for NYE, it's a kind of personal tradition to buy myself something new to wear for the occasion and force myself to make that a dress. I'm very much one for getting stuck in the routine of wearing shorts or a bodycon skirt with a loose fitting shirt whenever I go out and dresses are a rarity.

You know I'm not a girly girl so this grungey swing dress by Glamorous grabbed my attention straight away, which I found in Bank just as I was beginning to lose the will to live. I find it very hard to shop for dresses because my body type is heavy round the middle and a wide back - there's not many styles that suit me. I like swing dresses and smocks because whether they flatter me or not, I feel comfortable and don't have to worry about it clinging to all the wrong places.


I paired it with the DMs I got for Christmas and some chunky gold jewellery as per usual, right now I've been wearing these boots with absolutely everything, I don't know how I survived without them?

I'm really becoming a massive fan of Glamorous after this dress and the tartan shirt success so I'm having to avoid looking at the website as it will only make me weep into my empty wallet. I'm also very much enjoying wearing some prints which is a refreshing change to my outfit routine of the all black I tend to favour.

I did of course notice when I bought this dress that it is available in a selection of other prints including leopard print and also a *cough*tartan*cough* one. So if you like this style but not the print, do go check out the others. Also on the Glamorous website they have a short sleeved version!!

Let me know what you think of this purchase, I had fun doing this outfit post so you can expect more soon. Also if you have an suggestions of other posts you'd like to see from me that would be wonderful to hear!


5 comments:

  1. i love this dress!!the print is awesome!its definitely something that i would wear and it looks so cute with those boots:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I fall in love with this print a little bit more each time I look at it!

      Delete
  2. Love this look! You've got an awesome blog babe, definitely following you now :)

    Check out my new blog, I'd love to know what you think thefashionrubiks.blogspot.co.uk

    Maybe we can follow each other?

    The Fashion Rubiks <3

    ReplyDelete