Sunday, 16 February 2014

Amethyst eyes

Eye of horus are a brand I've seen mentioned on a few blogs but until now I'd not yet gotten my hands on any of their products to try. They are known for mascara and luxurious eye pencils which are available in a range of different shades but this year they released two gorgeous new shades, one of which they sent me to try.



I'm actually not one for using eye pencils very often, I find them messy and clumsy on the whole, so when I saw these pencils described as "waterproof, smudge-proof and long lasting" I was very excited to put them to the test.

The shade I was sent is a gorgeous purple and the pencil also comes with a smudging applicator on the other end. Curious considering this pencil is apparently smudge-proof but all became clear as I began to use it.


This is the look I created using the Eye of Horus pencil. I applied it roughly along the lash line, winging it out to the side slightly and lining halfway underneath as well. I used the smudging applicator to blend it out, I found because the product is quite thick you need to do this straight away and it's best with this tool as a brush isn't dense enough. It then seems to set and remains smudge-proof so your working time isn't very long. I then lined the eyes again with the same pencil, but neater this time for the finished look. 

As you can see there are gorgeous flecks of gold in this liner as well so I used a gold eyeshadow in the corner of my eyes to compliment this and finished it off with black eyeliner on my waterline and mascara. I love the combination of purple and gold and was pretty impressed with what a great look a pencil alone could achieve, it looks like I have spent time building up layers of eyeshadow and blending it all out, when in reality it was incredibly simple.

The thing I was most impressed with was it's staying power, I wore this all day until I showered at night and it really didn't budge. Makeup normally just slides off my eyes; which water easily and I blink a lot, so finding a pencil eyeliner that isn't affected by this is big news in my book. I think I'm going to have to grab myself the Charcoal version in the future. The shower took off most of it because I used a face wash but there was still some left which needed to be removed with an oil based makeup remover. This is never a negative for me, I'd rather spend a little more effort getting my makeup off if it means it stays in place all day.

So I've got to say, my first experience of Eye of Horus couldn't have been much better and I really hope I can afford to try some more of their products soon. If you've been umming and ahhing over these pencils I would highly recommend giving them a go. They retail for £13 which may not be affordable for everyone but worth the money in my opinion. Have you tried these pencils before? Or any of their other products in fact? I'd love some more recommendations!

5 comments:

  1. love the lilac and what incredible brows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple but cute look! I think even I could handle this. So pretty!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the purple really brings out the blue in your eyes plus the look is super simple! Love it <33
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try the eye of horus range as I have heard about it on a few blogs and its really interesting love the results of the products also :) thanks for sharing this xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete