Tuesday, 4 February 2014

MesmerEyez-ing makeup*

A few months back I was kindly sent some samples of coloured contact lenses by MesmerEyez and loving any excuse to create some interesting makeup looks I decided to come up with a couple of creative makeups inspired by the lenses.

I'll ease you in gently with a pretty purple and pink look and the green contacts.


I love green eyes so I was excited to try these and see what they would look like on me, I had in my head that these would suit a makeup look that was quite ethereal and fantastical yet still drawing on elements from more wearable makeup such as the purple smokey eye. Not my colours AT ALL, but I think they come together nicely against the green. I am however rather fond of the purple brows but not terribly subtle eh.

I was also sent a pair of white lenses, perfect for halloween or anything a little creepy...

...so I had bags of fun with this one as you can see. I was channeling the demonic and I'm not quite sure what I was thinking with the eyebrows, they're hilarious..but something different. These lenses are great though because they instantly make you look pretty darn scary before doing any makeup at all so lend themselves to all manor of monsters and ghouls.

I must add that the contact lenses themselves seemed to be of good quality and easy enough to put in and out considering I'm no expert having only worn contacts on one previous occasion. These are one day lenses so you can't re-use them but perfect for a party or night out.

MesmerEyez contacts are available to buy here and are really reasonable with the 1day lenses starting at just £5.99, they also have an extremely wide range of colours and designs so I'd definitely consider using them in the future!

1 comment: