Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Nail polish haul

It's bizarre that I should be so much of a nail polish lover, in my line of work my nails are forever getting wrecked and half the time it's pointless painting them at all. However there's something so satisfying about sitting down and slathering your nails in a fresh coat of paint and for some reason I feel the need to own every colour there is.

Tanya Burr: Red Riding + Peaches & Cream // OPI: Vampsterdam // Becca: Summerdaze // Finger Tips duo

These are some of the nail poilishes I have acquired recently, I say "acquired" as two of them were part of a competition win. Those were the two Tanya Burr polishes, which I won through a giveaway hosted by Fee of Makeup Savvy. The rest I grabbed on Fragrance Direct, one of my favourite places to go looking for nail polish.


Finger Tips - I pretty much only bought this for the glitter polish, I love collecting glitters in varying sizes to use over different shades and combine with each other. I haven't heard of this brand before, I think it's just a cheap and cheerful one. They are nice and thick and applied very easily but did take a very long time to dry which is a tad annoying, but perhaps the glitter will dry quicker over different brands.

Becca - I've been wanting to try nail polishes by Becca for ages now, so I had to snap one of these up whilst I had the chance of buying one at a fraction of the price. I went for this gorgeous coral which is a favourite shade of mine and one I always get a lot of use out of in the Spring. I have to say though, despite being the most high end of the bunch, it was also the most watery and took three coats whilst the rest took two. Though I can put up with that for such a lovely colour.

OPI - I must admit it was the name that sold this polish to me, but this is actually a shade I don't have anything quite like so I'm happy to add it to my collection. I think this will be more of an evening or winter shade, I can't wait to start wearing it.

Tanya Burr - Like I said, I won these in a giveaway which was exciting because I was very intrigued about Tanya's new range. I was a little dubious of whether the quality would be any good but they turned out to be a dream. They're a wonderful consistency so apply really nicely, the red shade was actually so strong I probably could have gotten away with just one coat.

I'm going to leave these on until Friday afternoon and see how they fare, I'll probably mention on Twitter how they hold up or add a paragraph to the end of this post then, so keep your eyes peeled! Which of these brands have you tried and how do you like them?

4 comments:

  1. The Tanya Burr polishes look so gorgeous! Great shades.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. That OPI polish is a beautiful colour! I know how frustrating it is when they chip,you can buy some sprays that help set them.xx

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you and me both, I too have the uncontrollable urge to need to own all the colours in the world :-)

    TiloLovesVanilla

    ReplyDelete