Thursday, 6 March 2014

REVIEW: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +


First of all, thanks for clicking on this post, I know there's been a lot of reviews of this product floating around the blogosphere at the moment so I applaud your perseverance. I'm going to try not to ramble on for too long and get straight to the point in explaining exactly why I love this product.

I'd previously used the original Effaclar Duo by La Roche Posay which I also really loved and was very sad to run out of recently during a particularly penniless month. When I was sent this it couldn't have come at a better time and I've spent the past three weeks or so using it religiously.

I definitely have problem skin as I've mentioned on the blog before, so I'm always looking for that miracle product. I've come to terms with the fact there isn't one, at least not one that magically keeps my skin under control all on its own, but I'm gradually getting a successful skin care regime together and the Effaclar Duo + is playing a big part in that.

La Roche Posay have managed to refine the original formula to keep all the great benefits plus more. What I've found with this product is it not only helps heal existing breakouts but it is relatively preventative and also seems to get rid of the resulting stubborn red marks left after the spot has gone.

I used to find the original formula worked best alongside my moisturiser and just applied the Effaclar Duo to problem areas but with this one I've found it to be a lot more moisturisng and have been favouring using it all over my face. As the formula is more of a gel than a cream it's nice and smooth and surprisingly not sticky at all so a little bit goes a long way and will last me a good couple of months if I continue to use it on a regular basis. I think with a lot of skincare you need to find what works best for you, but right now my breakouts don't seem to be restricted to any particular area of my face so I've preferred treating everywhere. If I have any REALLY stubborn spots I will also dab on a bit of the La Roche Posay Targeted Breakout Corrector which I also love.

I noticed on the packaging it suggests using this as a makeup base, which possibly the original also recommended? Though not one for reading instructions I've never spotted this until now. So I spent the last week cutting out the primer stage in my makeup routine and I didn't notice a great deal of difference other than feeling great to be putting less products on my face, my skin has become less clogged as a whole over the past three week and eliminating primer can only help with this - providing it doesn't affect my foundation staying power of course! (which it hasn't so far)

If you haven't got your hands on this product yet, you can from the link above where it is currently on sale for 1/3 off. I am definitely going to keep this in my skincare routine for the forseeable future because I've not found another product quite as effective as this one.

So there you have it, maybe not as concise as I intended so well done if you made it all the way through. Have you been using the Effaclar Duo +? What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I love this product, as well as Vichy's xx

    ReplyDelete