Thursday, 3 April 2014

My first Elf haul

Elf is a makeup brand I've seen pop up on blogs from time to time but I've never used myself. I noticed they had a 40% off sale on their website the other day which gave me the perfect excuse to try some of their products. I ended up grabbing 12 items for under £30!

I was shocked to find out how affordable Elf's products are even before the discount was applied which of course could mean the quality isn't great, but at the same time, I wasn't wasting too much money if that was the case. I figured I'd go for some good basics and if I didn't get on with them I could gift them to friends. So here's what I bought.

Mineral infused primers in Clear and Brightening Lavender - Primers are something I get a lot of use out of but for very short jobs or film makeup, I often don't need something high end. I also never use colour correcting ones and since the green one was sold out I thought I'd try the Lavender which is supposed to work well with uneven skin and neutralise yellow tones. These were £6.95 reduced to £4.17 each.

Warm Bronzer - Bronzers are something I don't have a huge selection of in my kit so I'm looking forward to giving this one a go which contains 4 sheer shades which you can mix together or use individually. These are shimmery which will be nice for summer looks but I kind of wish I'd bought the Cool Bronzer too which are all matte. This was £3.95 reduced to £2.37.

Matte Eyeshadow in Brick - This eyeshadow is a loose pigment which is something I've been enjoying lately and a matte which is my favourite. I'm really looking forward to trying this rich shade but I don't think I'll be using it with the brush provided. This was £3.95 reduced to £2.37.

Blush Brush - I'm a bit of a brush fiend as you may know and I really don't need any more but for such a cheap price I had to give one a go for future reference right? I've since been told by fellow makeup artists that Elf brushes are really good so excited to put this one to the test. I tend to use buffing brushes for blusher most of the time so it will be weird to go back to a normal blusher brush but I do like these for highlighter too. This was £3.95 reduced to £2.37.

All of these first items were from the Elf Studio range which as far as I can tell are slightly higher quality than the standard range? Do correct me if I'm wrong!


Long Wear Lip Liners in Mauve Luxe and Natural Blush - I'm always stocking up on lip liners and after reorganising my kit recently I noticed I could do with some more pale shades so I grabbed these which both come with a little sharpener. They were £1.95 reduced to £1.17 each.

Matte Lip Colour in Coral - I've been wanting to get some new spring shades to try and corals are some of my favourites, I am quite fond of pencil style lipsticks and this is apparently nice and moisturising. This was £3.95 reduced to £2.37.

Lip Stain in Pink Petal - Lip stains are the lip products I use most for myself as I find them more natural and less upkeep. I usually always get them from Covergirl which is a bit of a pain having to wait for the Mothership to go to Canada so I can stock up, so hopefully this will make a nice substitute. This was £2.95 reduced to £1.77.


Nail Polish in Skinny Jeans, Purple Dream and Copper - I never need an excuse to buy new nail polish, I've been wanting some chrome shades for ages now so we'll see what these are like. The blue is similar to a Nails inc. polish I used to have and was a bit obsessed with so happy to have that shade back in my life. These were £2.50 reduced to £1.50 each.

I haven't had the chance to try any of of this out yet so I'm really excited to have a play over the next few weeks and I'll be sure to report back when I have. I think the purple nail polish is going to be the perfect addition to an outfit I have for an event coming up which you'll find out more about next week!

Have you tried any Elf products? Let me know your thoughts on the brand and what you're most interested to hear about when I review these products in a couple of weeks!

6 comments:

  1. All of this looks really exciting, but I'm really loving your nail polish picks! Such beautiful shades, especially the copper colour x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the matte lip colour and a few other bits and I love them all! I never seem to end up buying from them when there is a discount - I need to sort myself out!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those nail polishes look super pretty in the bottle! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise that Elf was such a bargain! I'll definitely have to give it a whirl!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple shade of nail polish looks so cool!
    It would be super cool if you could check out my blog :)
    xxx
    www.pink-puffins.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pictures!!
    If you want we can follow each other on gfc!! <3
    http://fashionneed09.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete