Thursday, 1 May 2014

My daily skincare regime

Recently I've been getting into a proper skincare routine, one that's actually working for a change. I can't remember the last time I blogged about my skincare regime so this post must be well overdue.

I try not to use too many products on my skin because I feel like it's counter-productive and ends up clogging my pores further. The products below are what I'm using at the moment, but read the info to see when and in what combinations I use them.

Biona Coconut Oil // Quinoderm Antibacterial Facewash* // La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ Anti Blemish Cream // 
La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I Targeted Breakout Corrector // Phytocare Papaya Ointment // Body Shop Absinth Hand Cream // Loreal Micellar Solution // Soap & Glory Righteous Butter // Claudia Stevens Overnight Lip Repair

I tend to use skincare products twice a day, morning and night. I generally start the day with a shower in which I use the Quinoderm facewash, this is specially formulated to help with acne prone skin which I have and using this on a regular basis has definitely helped. It also makes sure my face is properly clean before I put makeup on and I'm not trapping any grime from over night.

When I get out of the shower I use the Effaclar Duo+ to rehydrate my skin but also as a primer, I've found I can go straight in with foundation after this and it still lasts all day. I also use the Righteous Butter on my upper arms and shoulders as well as legs, and the absinth hand cream. Before starting my makeup I also apply some of the Papaya Ointment to my lips which gives it time to soak in before/if I put anything else on my lips. I have a different lip balm which I use throughout the day and keep in my bag.

For taking my makeup off at the end of the day I've recently fallen in love with using oils. This took some getting used to because I kind of hate the feel of them on my skin but I can't ignore how much they've helped keep my skin clear. I used to use the Trilogy rosehip oil, but now I use good old coconut oil, much cheaper, readily available and smells a darn sight better than rosehip. Once I've massaged the oil into my face and dislodged all my makeup I use the Loreal micellar water on a cotton pad to remove all of this and refresh my skin. This is my favourite part of my daily skincare routine, my skin feels so clean and soft by this point. After that I'll apply the Targeted Breakout Corrector on any blemishes or problem areas and a bit of the Effaclar Duo+ if I have any dry areas. I also use the overnight lip cream before bed, it might seem excessive to use so many lip products throughout the course of one day but quite often I won't wear any makeup on my lips during the day so I always want to make sure they're healthy looking.

That's about it these days, of course I have times where I am exhausted and can't be bothered to do all of this but on those rare occasions I always manage to get my makeup off one way or another, generally half asleep in the shower.

I'd love to hear if you use any of these products in your daily skincare regime and what you think of them.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of any of these products. Have you noticed a big difference in your skin since using them? I use to spend a fortune on skin care products as I just couldn;t find any I was completely happy with. At the moment I'm using Priori which seem to suit me but I get bored so easily! Maybe I'll try some of these products next! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems pretty thorough! I'm pretty terrible with remembering to take make up off before I go to bed, but micellar water is amazing isn't it? Mine is a french brand I can't remember right now, but I hear you - it makes such a difference! <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete