Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Nude lipsticks by Kate Moss for Rimmel

I've mentioned countless times on here my fear of lipstick. I'm thin lipped and I don't want to talk about it! I jest, it's annoying but I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never be able to get away with a purple lip.

As far as lip products go I generally rely on just a touch of balm or I'll use something sheer like a YSL Glossy Stain. It definitely makes life easier without that extra step to maintain. However sometimes you just need a little bit more, and a recent wedding finally called for lipstick.


I knew I wanted something nude, in fact I didn't want to stray too far from my natural lip shade so after heading to Boots in search of NYX and discovering they don't carry it yet I opted for these two Kate Moss lipsticks by Rimmel.

I've got a few of the Kate Moss lipsticks in my kit so I knew what to expect regarding payoff and longevity. I grabbed a slightly lighter than natural peach-toned nude and a slightly darker dusky rose bordering on brown shade.


As I'm so pale, peach and coral tones can sometimes come out very chalky on my and I was fully expecting to prefer the darker lipstick however I actually ended up choosing the lighter one for the wedding and have also worn it a couple times since.

I think the other lipstick potentially looks a little dated and ends up ageing me but maybe I'll try mixing it down with a touch of pink and see if that makes any difference.

Despite that, you can't go too wrong with these lipsticks, they're a great price with a wide range of colours, they apply smoothly and strongly, and they last well without drying your lips out.

No comments:

Post a Comment