Wednesday, 30 August 2017

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

I've not had much time for blog reading recently but I'm betting this palette has been a hot topic of discussion since it's release. Urban Decay are kind enough to regularly send me products for use in my kit and the Naked Heat palette was the latest treat. It's also probably the one I've been most excited to receive so far.


I was very pleased when Urban Decay moved over to hard plastic packaging, it is a bit too bulky for my liking but I still very much prefer it, it's easy to wipe clean and gives plenty of protection to the product inside. I love the colour scheme used for this palette, it perfectly reflects the gorgeous shades inside. I prefer the long, slim palettes than their other styles, they're a lot more practical both in my kit and popping in personal makeup bags.


I'm a big fan of neutrals and warm tones when it comes to my personal eye makeup but I'm also a creature of habit and have been using the same couple of shades from the original Kat Von D Shade and Light palette for years now. I favour orange toned browns but as soon as I opened this palette I was immediately drawn to the shade 'En Fuego' and couldn't try it quick enough.

I love that there is a mixture of mattes and shimmer, I'm strictly a matte user myself but once in a blue moon for a special occasion I may branch out. 'Dirty Talk', 'Scorched' and 'Lumbre' look like they will be beautiful together and right up my street.


I had a little play almost as soon as I received the palette and have been wearing this look a lot ever since. I used 'Cayenne' as a base colour all around the eye then built up with 'En Fuego' which did not disappoint, I absolutely adore this shade. Then I ran 'Ashes' under my bottom lashes and blended everything out a little with 'Chaser'.


I do have to say I was really very impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. In the past I've found Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes can be slightly hit with colour payoff but these have been so strong and with no fallout, which is pretty much a godsend if you're like me and always seem to be doing your makeup in a hurry.

Something else I noticed was the staying power of these eyeshadows. I find sometimes I've lost my eye makeup completely by the end of the day yet these have remained strong every time I've used them. I do appreciate that a lot, it's nice to go out and know you'll not have to retouch anything.

I'm looking forward to trying out a few more shades but can't promise I won't just be all 'En Fuego' all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment